A new DNA test has come that can not only show us genetic diseases, but also breeding material. We just had to try this.
We want to see how this test worked.
To get all the litters that both I and Ingeborg have had, CH NO*Ped Alba Winter Princess (Eloise) – SBI n, CH Cinamon Boy av Ontario (Koda) – SBI b og NO*Condotti's Athena – SB b 21 were tested.
Included in the test is NL Of Jekima's Lord Oberon – SBI b, CH NO*Ped Alba diCondotti – SBI n 21, NO*Ped Alba Amora - SBI n 21, CH (N)Slettmos My Beautiful Reward (Kitzy) – SBI n 21, CH Shapur Cassanova – SBI n 21, IC S*Ziblora's Ozzie-Zaian – SBI b and GIC NO*Citrus Sweet Fairytale and their lines.
Koda we got to see through Athena. But we was very interesting to see what lies in his coat and the color, so he was tested. diCondotti has the same parents as Amora. We see the result through Athena. Lord Oberon we get through Winter Princess.
All our cats are free of diseases. Read the result and explanation under her..
The test includes:
* Results for over 40 genetic diseases, reported in terms of known relevance to the specific breed
* Testing for 20+ traits including blood type, coat colors, coat types, and morphology.
* Genetic diversity information for the tested cat, the overall breed population, and related breed
Content page for each cat:
* Blood type
* Genetic diversity
* Genetic Relationships
* Breeder Tool
Innholdside for hver katt:
* Disorders - Sykdom
* Blood type - Blodtype
* Trait - Trekk
* Genetic diversity - Genetisk variasjon
* Genetic Relationships - Genetisk slektskap
* Breeder Tool - Avlsverktøy
Here you can read the results:
(click on the text above to see the certificate and explanation)
Explanation of the rest will come later.
Copyright © 2009-2019 by Siw Røeggen Lødemel. All Rights Reserved